The Cambian Group are recruiting for a Learning and Development Trainer, with experience of working in residential childcare, ideally based in the Peterborough area.
The Cambian Group is one of the UK's leading children's residential care and specialist education service providers. The Group's services have a specific focus on children who present high severity needs with challenging behaviours and complex care requirements. Due to this, our employees must be trained to the highest of standards and knowledgeable about all areas of current legislation.
The trainer will join an established learning and development team and will have recent experience of supporting children in a residential care setting as well as experience of delivering training to staff teams.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The trainer’s role is to deliver a wide range of agreed training to employees across the Cambian group including inductions, refresher and developmental courses. They will, therefore, be an experienced facilitator of learning underpinned by their own recent experience of supporting children in a residential care setting. In addition to delivering standard courses they will also work as a part of the learning and development team to identify learning needs and develop a range of training and learning interventions to meet these needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver training on a range of topics such as safeguarding, medication administration, risk assessment, positive behaviour support interventions etc.
- To design learning interventions and training that meet the highest accepted standards
- To work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Have a high degree of self-awareness and constantly develop and improve their knowledge and practice through a number of approaches including reflective practice, attending external and internal learning events, researching topics and conversations with colleagues and peers
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour in terms of conduct, attitude, performance, credibility and proactive self-development
- Have an ability to give objective, accurate, consistent and timely advice in relation to learning and development within the scope of their role
Candidate Profile and Specification:
- Minimum qualification / certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or equivalent, or a commitment to obtain the relevant qualification within 12 months of starting
- First aid trainer’s qualification or commitment to gain this within 3 months of starting
- Recent experience of working with children who have a range of complex needs in a residential care setting (minimum 2 years consecutive experience in the last 5 years)
- Skilled in the facilitation of learning through a variety of means including delivering classroom based training
- Previous experience of delivering training to social care staff including frontline care workers and managers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of children’s social care along with current issues, trends and including relevant legislation and regulatory standards.
- Able to work in a self-directed manner as part of a distance managed team, utilising good organisational skills to prioritise and manage workload.
- High level written and verbal communication skills including excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills including use of office software.
In return you can expect the following benefits:
- £30,000 per annum.
- Paid expenses inc fuel, accommodation, meals (restrictions apply).
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays (increasing with service).
- Employee Discount Scheme.
- DBS paid.
Hours: 40 hours per week, full time, permanent. This role will require regular traveling and overnight stays in order for the learning and development to be delivered across various locations within England and Wales. This will include traveling to Wisbech, York, and Gateshead as well as further locations around the country depending on the needs of the business. Candidates must hold a UK driving licence.
Should your past experience meet the above requirements, please apply now by clicking on the link below. A full Job Description is available on request.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.