An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Japanese Host on board Queen Elizabeth for our 2020 season (dates 31st March - 15th May 2020, & 24th September - 25th October 2020; subject to change). Join us and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job, it's a way of life. We are looking for people who have a real passion for guest experience and who love going the extra mile. You will visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Are you a charismatic person who loves organising, hosting and / or delivering events? Do you thrive on interacting with guests and colleagues alike? Are you able to communicate clearly in English and Japanese – both written and verbal? Are you someone who enjoys providing top quality service? This may be the perfect role for you!
Key Responsibilities of a Japanese Host:
- Hosting events on board for our international guests
- Written and verbal translation of menus, daily programmes and announcements
- Looking after the duty phone and sorting out any issues that may arise
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with guests
- Supporting departments for language needs (Such as Gangway duty / Immigration / terminal check in / In port function / Medical / Restaurants / Bars)
The following experiences are desirable:
- Translating medical information between English & Japanese
- Presenting or hosting in both English & Japanese
- Translating documents between English & Japanese
- Working in a Learning & Development setting
- Working in a nursery / kindergarten
- Ship experience, or 4* / 5* Hotel experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of Cunard’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.