An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our P&O Cruises Galley team which will allow you to travel the world, whilst getting paid and discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. We are looking for a talented Chef de Partie, who will lead by example and be responsible for one of the dedicated food preparation sections within the galley operation.
Are you someone who is organised and can adapt the operation to match the number of guests dining at one time? Do you communicate well with your teams when leading your team to serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night buffets 365 days of the year? Are you able to use your initiative with you teams to find practical solutions to every day challenges? Do you lead by example at work so that your team provide the smoothest service and the highest quality meals? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine?
As Chef de Partie your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Overseeing a section within one of the galley operations; ensuring the highest standard of service and quality of all dishes
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products
- Reporting directly to the Senior Chef De Partie or Sous Chef
- Providing professionally prepared quality food product within budget
- Delivering training to staff
- P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conference and events, banqueting or large scale 4 or 5 star hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’ core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2020 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.