An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pastry Chef to join our P&O Cruises Galley team which will allow you to travel the world, whilst getting paid and discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. We are looking for a Chef de Partie Pastry who will be responsible for supervising a team, as well as the standard and quality of all production within the pastry shop.
Are you someone who is organised, with the ability to deliver high volumes of pastry product in time for each service? Can you adapt the operation to produce the highest level quality within the pastry shop? Do you efficiently communicate information when leading your team to achieve their targets? Do you lead by example at work so that your team provides a fantastic culinary experience? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver products efficient and within cost?
As Chef de Partie Pastry your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing an allocated area within the Galley operation, reporting back in the Chef Patissier
- Providing professionally prepared quality food product within budget
- You are also responsible for complying with all safety, hygiene and administration procedures
- Delivering in excess of over 1000 covers - freshly prepared for every sitting
- Working across different sections and a number of dining outlets
- P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conferenceevents, banqueting or large scale 4/5* hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Ideally Galley cruise ship experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’ core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.