Working alongside passionate people from all walks of life, you’ll be part of a tight-knit and hugely professional crew. Our business is growing. And our people will grow with it. P&O Cruises are looking for an Executive Chef to help us deliver taste sensations from every continent to voyagers all over the globe. Join our fantastic talented Galley Team and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life.
As a P&O Executive Chef you’ll have full control of food production for both guests and crew on one of our astounding ships. Your day to day job will involve overseeing up to 180 chefs across multiple production areas. We’re passionate about building talent from within, so as Executive Chef you’ll be devoted to identifying new talent and enabling their constant development. We never look to compromise on quality, so one of your biggest challenges will be to manage food costs and budgets, whilst ensuring the delivery of our high standards.
Do you keep your composure under pressure when leading your team to serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, every day of the year? Do you lead your team to provide the smoothest service and the highest quality meals? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine?
P&O Cruises require our Executive Chefs to have:
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management within corporate environment.
- Extensive managerial experience in a similar role within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience
- Experience of managing managers
- High attention to detail, takes pride in delivering a great service
- Remains calm and courteous at all times. Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Organised, structured and focused on the detail in their approach to work
- Models high standards of ethics and appropriate behaviour
- Adaptable and flexible in the face of change or unanticipated events
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. You’ll receive support to help you reach your potential and many attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Please note that a Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW is a requirement for this role. Further information will be provided should your application should be successful.