An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior Entertainment Host (DJ) on board our Cunard ships. Join us and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. We are looking for people who have a real passion for guest experience and who love going the extra mile within the Entertainment Team, and someone that can entertain our guests through music!
Are you charismatic and do you love meeting new people? Are you passionate and proud when delivering great service to your guests? Are you someone who is adaptable and able to remained composed when dealing with last minute changes? Do you have strong communication skills which allow you to work well as part of a team and entertain our guests at various events?
The key responsibilities of a Senior Entertainment Host (DJ) will include:
- Hosting a variety of events on board, including deck games, bingo’s, quizzes, game shows and karaoke.
- Acting as our resident DJ and performing a variety of events onboard
- Ensuring all guests are aware of the activities and entertainment available to them throughout their cruise.
- Taking ownership of guests’ comments and ensuring any issues are followed up and dealt with effectively.
- Taking part in safety drills and crowd control in muster stations
In order to be considered for the role of Senior Entertainment Host - DJ you must have:
- Experience in hosting a variety of events and shows such as game shows, trivia, bingo etc.
- Experience working as a DJ, playing a wide variety of music genres
- Good understanding of different music eras, with the ability to cater to different crowds
- Experience as an MC, with confident microphone skills
In addition, it is advantageous if you have experience in the following:
- Experience within an entertainment department in luxury resorts/hotels/etc, working with an international crowd
- Working as part of a team, delivering high quality customer service
- Cruise ship experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.