As a market leader in the cruise industry, Cunard operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job, It’s a way of life. You’ll visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. We have an exciting opportunity for a charismatic & passionate Assistant Entertainment Manager to support our Entertainment Director to provide an exciting onboard programme as our guests explore their way around the world!
Are you someone who is adaptable at delivering a variety of activities in an ever-changing environment? Do you work better together, express yourself easily, and are you good at explaining things clearly to your team, colleagues in other departments and manager? Are you composed under pressure and organised so that you are able to respond quickly and calmly to changes? Do you take pride in your role with the guests, and deliver an exceptional charismatic service to all on board?
The role of Assistant Entertainment Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage the team ensuring a smooth and professional entertainment programme is achieved
- Complete appraisals identifying development opportunities.
- Deputise for the Entertainment Manager, ensuring the efficient operation of all aspects of the Entertainment department, including Production and Youth departments.
- Ensure all performances and activities meet the agreed standards and identify areas of improvement, actively working to exceed the expectations of passengers and improve customer satisfaction scores.
- Collaborate with other departments to plan revenue generating events.
- Provide a highly visible presence during key entertainment activities and passenger events.
- Create lecture timetables and book lectures into the planner. Meet and greet Lecturers and guest entertainers upon arrival and brief them on programme information and itineraries. Act as a point of contact for VIP guests and arrange private briefings to update them on activities and schedules.
If this sounds like you, and you have experience of:
- Delivering entertainment programmes either in a UK holiday setting or an overseas resort
- Working within the Entertainment on board another cruise ship
- Supervising or managing a large team
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun.
‘Better together’ is one of Cunard’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.