This advert is for candidates who are with Kings Recruit only.
Therefore please only apply for this role if you have been instructed to by the Kings Recruit team.
We’re responsible for safeguarding and entertaining children and young people in secure, market-leading youth facilities. Our talented youth teams deliver a wide range of first class child care and onboard activities, including themed sessions, game shows, arts, crafts, youth DJs, football coaching, face painting and more. With safety responsibilities in emergency situations and working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the length of your contract onboard, it’ll be a challenge — but one you will thrive on as you create memorable holiday experiences.
We’re looking for resilient, passionate and inspiring youth staff to be champions of safeguarding in our trusted teams and be role models to our customers. We pride ourselves on having worked with the NSPCC on the safeguarding aspects of our recruitment process to promote the safety and well-being of child passengers.
That means you will also need a minimum 1 year’s childcare experience and a qualification relevant to working with children at Level 3 or above. Preferably, you'll also have a criminal record check dated within the last 3 months, which was carried out whilst working in a childcare environment or you would be willing to undergo an enhanced criminal record and barred list check.
- At least one year’s experience working within a childcare or educational establishment.
- Be qualified at Level 3 Diploma level or above or hold Qualified Teacher Status within the UK.
- Be able to communicate in fluent English
- Willing to work 7 days a week, 10 hours per day with limited time off for the duration of contract.
- Willing to share a cabin with our crew members
- Hold a valid UK Passport
- Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Record Check gained within the last 3 months or be willing to undergo an enhanced criminal record and barred list check.
- Must adhere to Carnival UK personal appearance policy for crew members
- Must comply with all Carnival UK policies and procedures when carrying out duties.
Carnival UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks, including an Enhanced criminal record and barred List Checks.