An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Bar team onboard our luxurious Cunard ships as a Bar Manager. Join Cunard and you will discover an opportunity to join our proud and charismatic team, travelling the world and exploring new places, whilst following the career you love.
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to effectively manage the department onboard, providing an efficient, smooth and financially sound operation, enhancing both the passenger and crew experience. You will have overall responsibility for the management of all beverage outlets and areas on board, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction at all times. You will work effectively with other departments to optimise revenue usage and maximise revenue opportunities as well as actively generating bar cash profit by understanding the passenger profile of each cruise. As such you will lead the organisation of promotions and promotional events to increase profit generating opportunities. The role of Bar Manager also includes catering for special events such as weddings or cocktail parties onboard and ensuring all passengers billing is correct at the end of each event. You will ensure all work by your team is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including our Public Health Policy and Procedure. Most importantly you shall ensure all work is completed to the White star service level that Cunard Line is famous for.
To join Cunard in this exceptional role you must have the following:
- WSET Level 4 or Higher Certificate or NVQ III in Beverage Service or diploma / degree in Hotel /
- Hospitality Management or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering or equivalent
- Experience of working within a busy bar environment in a supervisory / management position in a hotel, hospitality, leisure or cruise ship environment preferably within a 4/5 star establishment
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding set targets
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management of bar stock
- Experience of managing managers
- Competent in the use of most MS Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
Please note that Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, other than Fast Rescue Boats STCW is a requirement for this role. This can be obtained on confirmation of offer.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential and attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of Carnival UK’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.