As the Dining & Beverage Manager onboard our newest ship Iona, the largest ever built for the British market you will confidently manage all 30 restaurants sand bars onboard for guests and crew. At P&O we take pride in achieving the highest level of guest satisfaction throughout all of the dining and beverage settings. To ensure our success, we looking for a dutiful individual who will lead by example and instil this passion throughout their team. This role will require creative and effective marketing to promote our speciality and alternative dining venues, ensuring maximum covers every cruise. As well leading a team of 5 Assistant Dining & Beverage Managers, and a team of over 500 crew it’ll be the D&B Manager’s responsibility to continuously develop and train crew members, ensuring a smooth and efficient guest experience.
Are you someone who prides themselves on attention to detail and can help to ensure that all our culinary products are the same no matter where you are on-board? Are you a natural communicator who can train and develop our staff to ensure our products are delivered consistently a high standard?
P&O Cruises require the following strengths:
- Experience of managing a large team, preferably 300+ including a diverse team of leaders
- Passion and knowledge for the industry and keeps up to date on current trends
- The ability to create a positive working environment, coupled with openness and trust
- A drive to motivate others to provide excellent customer service, by utilising key management tools such as training and succession planning
- Ability to build strong relationships with both guests and the wider ship team
- Desire to lead the team by empowering others and encouraging collaborative working
- Organised, structured and focused approach to work, requires minimal supervision and is a self-starter, skilled in multi-tasking
- High attention to detail, ensures the look and feel of all restaurant areas are to the highest standard and operating within predefined brand standards
- Multi-site management or high volume Food & Beverage operational experience
- Driving multi million pound F&B operations
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. You’ll receive support to help you reach your potential and many attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’ core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Please note that a Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW is a requirement for this role. Further information will be provided should your application should be successful.