At Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding we offer the opportunity to work on the most diverse range of Cruise Ships. We are the world’s leader and with a wide range of ships and brands from Costa, Aida, Seabourn and beyond we are the largest ship building company in the industry. And at the heart of every ship is trusted world-class engineering that puts the needs of our Guests first.
We offer our people a huge amount of opportunity to develop and grow, and have an exciting, fulfilling and rewarding career. Working amongst top experts, ships, brands and consultants no day is the same.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced System Analyst in our Business Systems team. This role requires someone with experience of working with relational databases and IT systems, to provide support and analysis of data provided from our systems utilised across the Carnival fleet.
The purpose of the System Analyst role is to support the day to day operation of global asset management and brand systems, whilst providing support to the implementation of the overall system strategy as laid out by the Business Systems team.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and escalation, working closely with the IT and external vendors to act as 1st line of support.
- Supports Asset Management team in the execution of SQL scrips, database updates, UAT testing and software updates under the guidance of the Analyst, Business Systems.
- Assists with identification of cost impacts and highlights to department Manager’s.
- Stakeholders management updates
- Creates, maintains and contributes to documentation.
- Project Management plan, report and control support
You will have industry experience or educated to degree level in IT or Systems Management.
During your career to date, you will have gained:
- An understanding of relational databases and software development lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of maritime industry
This role will provide you the opportunity to begin a career with a department going through an exciting expansion, working with a leading brand in the cruise industry.
This position has been levelled at CCS10
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest holiday companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. In Corporate Shipbuilding, we are passionate about building world class vessels for all of these brands. Our award winning prestigious brands employ engaged and passionate