At Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding we offer the opportunity to work on the most diverse range of Cruise Ships, for the world’s largest cruise company. We are the centre of engineering excellence for Carnival Corporation, building new cruise ships for all 9 brands. We are responsible for the design, and oversee the build and delivery of all new world class cruise ships in the fleet.
We are currently going through a period of growth and we have had a fantastic opportunity arise for the Director of Sites for Italy. This position provides the opportunity oversee the delivery of our latest cruise ships being built in the Italian yards, being accountable for the performance and quality of production.
This role is integral in overseeing the delivery and performance for current and future newbuild projects within the Italian shipyards. Being the key interface between the operating brands, shipyards and classification societies, and the ultimate point of escalation for any issues that arise during the build process.
The main duties for this role are:
- Accountability for the performance and results of the Building Manager and successful delivery of new builds to the Brands.
- Accountability for the shipbuilding construction, inspections and commissioning program of all ships under construction for the Corporation for assigned jurisdiction.
- Accountability for Quality Assurance within the Sites and management of knowledge base for the area of expertise.
- Identification of the risks to be managed and recommendations made to the senior management when these relate to not achieving desired project objectives as set out in the contract, specification and Health, Environment, Safety and Security Risks during construction.
- Recommendations across all projects on required resources based on construction complexity, construction delays and increased work load at various stages of the construction program.
In order to deliver this role you will need to be a highly experienced Leader within the Cruise Shipbuilding sector, who has worked within the classification societies or ship operators, technical suppliers, or an engineering company.
You will be degree qualified with in naval architecture or marine engineering. You will have substantial experience leading teams.
You will also have:
- Experience of promoting and working in collaboration with both technical teams and other non-technical disciplines
- Experience networking and operating within Senior Leadership
- Experienced in delivering strategy
- Experienced in overseeing and managing multiple site teams on a remote basis
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the leading cruise company in a Senior Leadership role, being a key individual in shaping the future of cruising with Carnival.
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest holiday companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. In Corporate Shipbuilding, we are passionate about building world class vessels for all of these brands. Our award winning prestigious brands employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our loyal customers. It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position in the cruise market. That’s why we look for people who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable. This is your chance to join us on our journey. With full support to enable you to realise your full potential we ensure your career with us is a successful and enjoyable one.