An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager (Sustainability) to join the Procurement and Supply Chain team. This is a brand new role which will help us reach our Sustainability goals to ensure our business practices and the items that we buy are more sustainably sourced and we help preserve our natural environment.
Partnering with Product and Operation leaders, this role will initially lead the current state analysis, design and implement appropriate Procure Strategies and support the transformation of our plastic and packaging agenda across the end to end Supply Chain. The position will span all Procurement Categories and collaboratively determine the most suitable and sustainable sourcing approach. The position will initially focus on eradication of single use plastics across our business, driving the strategy that meets our business objectives and exceeds our guest expectations. It will also be required to assess what emerging challenges and opportunities surrounding the environment are going to have an effect on CUKs agenda.
In this role you would be responsible for:
- Leading the assessment of all packaging from the point of origin to the point of use. Working with suppliers, Procurement & Supply Chain, Operations and HESS to drive understanding and reduction of packaging waste, single use plastic, glass, cardboard and other waste items.
- Working with stakeholders to define agreed action plans to reduce waste and ensure best practice disposal
- Developing knowledge and understanding of our fleet operation and working processes
- Driving supplier engagement and capability, supporting our SRM programme, to drive improvement plans, innovation and cost efficiency
- Working in collaboration with the Procurement and Supply Chain team to ensure that sustainability and waste reduction is at the heart of plans and decisions.
- Leading and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities.
- Performing cost/benefit analysis for changes and ensure plans are in line with business objectives.
- Project managing the delivery of plans and initiatives.
- Packaging expert for CUK as it relates to HESS and Corporate packaging waste objectives.
- Defining KPIs to measure the volume and complexity of packaging waste and issue updates to demonstrate progress, capturing and reporting on all activity across CUK.
- Supporting the Group activity, reporting on progress, working through opportunities to leverage our scale and ensuring best practice.
You will have a high level of experience in best practice procurement within relevant categories along with demonstrable experience in category management, development of sourcing strategies and packaging experience.
In addition you will have the following:
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and management skills
- Proven track record of networking and influencing both internally and externally and working in partnership with industry bodies and NGOs
- Delivering successful strategic projects and implementing complex change
- Commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies, opportunities to gain added value from suppliers and logistics partners
- Strong process orientation, able to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes
- Concise and influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross functional audience of varied experience
A Degree in a STEM subject or Purchasing or Supply Professional Qualification (CIPS) would be desirable
This position has been leveled at CUK07
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.