As a Beer Specialist you’ll be responsible for an allocated bar outlet onboard a P&O ship and the production of all beverages, to the required company standards. Your role will be to actively engage with the guests regarding the range of beers available, craft, draught, bottle, explaining the differences between the beers and recommend choices based on guest preferences.
With the assistance of your bar team, you’ll run beer masterclasses, tasting sessions and presentations for guests and generate bar cash profit by promoting agreed campaigns increasing cash profit generating opportunities and working to exceed targets.
This is a great opportunity to use your excellent beverage product knowledge within the bar teams with heavy focus on craft beers
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- A high level of product expertise in craft, draft, bottled local and international beers as well as extensive general beverage knowledge.
- Previous experience working in Gastro Pubs and Bars and with a clear track record in beverage development is a must
- Extensive understanding of food service operations and service standards as well as a passion for international / Gastro style pub food are essential
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent
- Experience of supervising staff within a service environment desirable
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. You’ll receive support to help you reach your potential and many attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.