An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Business Analyst to join our finance team at Carnival UK in Southampton.
Carnival UK has entered an exciting growth phase with three new ships launching between 2020 and 2022. This growth requires support to ensure financial acumen and integrity are maintained throughout the organisation.
As part of the Business Partnering team this role is responsible for developing and publishing monthly reporting packs, improving and assisting in the forecasting and business planning models, and providing business partnering finance expertise to your internal stakeholders.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly packs
- Base Commission – Responsible for forecasting and reporting Agent base commission.
- Incentive Commission – Responsible for forecasting and reporting Agent incentive commission.
- Incentive Commission Programmes – providing key data to sales, allowing the sales teams to formulate quarterly incentive commission to our key agent partners.
- Tableau – maintenance of Agent incentive commission trackers in tableau.
- Tableau – Working with the MI team to add functionality and improve reporting in tableau.
- Developing Business Partnerships within the Sales & Marketing teams.
- Supporting both the accounting and reporting & analysis teams with month end performance commentary.
- Preparation of Campaign P&L’s and reporting of actual performance against target.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets for the Advertising & Promotion teams and produce ad-hoc analysis to evaluate the commercial effectiveness of our advertising investment.
- Assisting with ad hoc reporting and analysis as required (e.g. PwC Reporting, Balanced Scorecard).
You will hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Business, Management, Economics or equivalent numerate discipline and you will have a sound commercial background. In addition you will have experience in producing annual budgets and monthly forecasts including standard costs management as well as Data modelling and scenario planning.
You will be able to prioritise effectively and deliver accurate outputs that clearly highlight current business trends.
This position has been leveled at CUK10
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.