An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fluent German language speaker, to join our Finance team at Carnival UK in Southampton as a Bilingual Collections Coordinator.
As part of the Accounts Receivable team, this role is responsible for the timely collection of monies owed by travel agents and direct guests in Germany and the wider EMEA market.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from CUK management and the wider business Ownership of collection of balances due from travel agents & direct passengers, for all relevant brands in the business
- Working with travel agents and internal departments such as Sales and our Contact centre, to proactively resolve queries
- Ensuring commission payments are made to travel agents on a timely basis and per agreed payment terms
- Monitoring bank accounts and ensuring payments are allocated in timely manner
- Processing of journals related to AR activity. Ensuring accurate and sufficient backing documentation is provided
- Booking maintenance - processing transfers, adjustments and write offs in order to maintain up to date records
- Identifying potential travel agent risk due to non-payment & escalating to management in a timely manner
- Where required, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and contribute to Month end debt reporting within agreed timelines and with relevant backing documentation
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from CUK management and the wider business
You will be fluent in German and have excellent business communication skills, as well as excellent numeracy capabilities. You will be organised and self-sufficient, with the ability to independently prioritise and work to deadlines.
You will also have previous experience in a customer facing role; ideally in the travel industry or financial services and prioritise providing a ‘guest obsessed’ service at all time.
This position has been leveled at CUK13
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.