Could you be interested in practicing medicine in a remote and unique environment whilst travelling the world? We are offering an opportunity for you to visit one of our luxury cruise ships to see what a day in the life is like! Being a Medical Officer on one of our ships means far more than treating sea sickness and sun burn. Every day is different and every cruise offers a new experience.
Our Medical Open Day Events are the best way to find out everything you need to know about joining Carnival UK as a Ship's Medical Officer. The event will be held on either a P&O or Cunard ship when here in Southampton, the event starts around 9.30am from Carnival House in Southampton and finishes at 1.30pm where you will be returned to the office.
Included in the day:
- A tour of the Medical Centre, led by a member of the Medical Team - this gives you the opportunity to see first hand the working environment and to ask questions regarding the role, what equipment we carry onboard, working hours etc.
- A tour of the Ship (Guest area's)
- A HR presentation covering rotations, benefits etc.
2020 Event Dates:
- 11th March - Aurora
- 20th April - Ventura
- 15th May - Queen Victoria
- 8th June - Ventura
- 24th July - Queen Victoria
- 21st August - Arcadia
- 21st September - Ventura
- 21st October - Queen Victoria
- 16th November - Queen Victoria
- 10th December - Queen Victoria
Due to limited spaces and the nature of the event we only offer spaces to either Doctors or Nurses, furthermore we are unable to offer additional spaces for family/friends to attend.
Please Note: On occasions it may be necessary for us to cancel or reschedule a ship visit, and we reserve the right to do this at any time. We will however, notify you should this situation arise.
To learn more about the opportunities please visit: