As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the globe. Our continued success relies on providing world-class experiences and outstanding facilities. To make that possible, we need to ensure every guest and member of the ships company, as well as the facilities and the ship herself, remain safe and secure protecting the environment and being compliant everywhere we operate.
That’s where you’ll come in. As Public Health Officer, you will be driving compliance and commitment on our ships to the highest public health standards in the areas of Prevention and Control of Infectious diseases, Disease Surveillance, Food Safety, Potable & Recreational Water Safety, and Integrated Pest Management through structured audits, training, and effective communication.
Within this new role you will be responsible for helping to make our ships the safest on the seas, in this exciting and varied role, you’ll have a hand in shaping and making it your own. Your challenge will be to expertly identify and communicate any public health concerns or failures, building the skills of the on board team and maintaining their knowledge and understanding of legislation and operational objectives.
What we’re looking for:
- An individual with a Bachelor’s Degree within Public Health, Environmental Health, Biological Sciences, or any closely related fields.
- Knowledge of infection control practices and Vessel Sanitation Standards.
- Experience in implementing, overseeing, or auditing public health programmes.
- Someone able to direct prevention and control of infectious disease, overseeing compliance and reporting findings.
- A calming presence, with a structured approached and ability to influence people at all levels.
- Able to understand and promote company direction and values and demonstrate this by actively embracing and doing what they can to deliver it
If the above accurately describes your skills and you’d love to be part of the journey, please see attached the job description.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
As a growing business we have a big focus on developing skills and continuous learning. From formal qualification to the life lessons of worldwide travel, we offer our people a broad range of personal and professional development opportunities. All of our roles give people the chance to stretch themselves and learn from colleagues with a wealth of experience. As our business grows, we want our people to grow too.