As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us as a Customer Service Manager and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life. Ensuring the smooth running of the hotel operation and guest experience, you will visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
In this role you will organise and oversee the effective delivery of customer service through the front of house reception, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided. You will strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations and will be responsible for appropriately handling any passenger issues, ensuring an effective and positive resolution is achieved.
In this role you will also manage and provide customer service to your internal team, including the operation of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company. Your internal customer includes Officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers. Knowledge of immigration and travel documentation is required, as you will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of the number of crew sailing on board.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Engage customers in appropriate conversation to understand their needs in depth, show high levels of respect for their individual needs and ensure their interests are catered for
- Regularly find opportunities to enhance the customer experience and increase satisfaction
- Ensure all Crew have followed the correct signed on / off procedures as required.
- Provide the necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists.
- Ensure all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork necessary for them to work onboard. Liaise with Port Agents for HR logistics and Crew flights, including Guest Entertainers where applicable, arranging cost effective transfers.
- Manage the crew payroll and currency exchange and ensure the safe storage of all crew passports.
- Respond immediately, positively and calmly to changing customer requirements and needs, and ensure that team members also respond appropriately
- Plan the activities and services the team provides in response to an in-depth analysis of the crew / passenger profile for each cruise
- As part of the on board HR department provide support to the HR Manager as and when required.
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as required.
Life at sea is particularly unique. You would need the natural ability and experience to consider the passenger profile and be adept to handle sensitive issues, such as bereavements, with care and understanding. In addition, we hold some exciting and extremely sentimental events onboard such as weddings, so you would need to be experienced in organising and effectively delivering functions. Strong planning and administrative skills are also necessary, especially for data sensitive matter such as immigration.
To apply and be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team in a customer facing role preferably within a hotel, hospitality or cruise ship environment
- Recognised hotel qualification i.e. HND in Hotel or Hospitality Management is desirable
- Experience of working in a busy 4 / 5 star hotel or resort complex
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software and a PMS
Please note that a Proficiency in Survival Craft Rescue Boats (PSCRB), Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Elementary First Aid and Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW's are a requirement for this role. Further information will be provided should your application should be successful.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential and receive attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2021 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.