Carnival UK is the UK operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard Line. We are passionate about providing world class customer experiences and operate a winning culture, delivering our vision of being the most spectacularly successful Cruise Company in Britain. Our award winning prestigious brands of great British heritage, employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our adoring and loyal customers.
We are recruiting a Crew Services Manager to join us on our P&O and Cunard fleet. The main responsibilities of this role are to ensure and manage the provision of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company including officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers.
You will be responsible for the overall operation of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company. In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring all crew have followed the correct signed on / off procedures as required
- Provide the necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists
- Ensure all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork, necessary for them to work onboard
- You will liaise with port agents, HR and logistics to ensure the crews’ welfare at all times and arrange cost effective transfers were & when required
- Manage the crew payroll and currency exchange and ensure the safe storage of all crew passports
- Respond immediately, positively and calmly to changing customer requirements and ensure that team members also respond appropriately
- As part of the on board HR department you will be required to provide support to the HR Manager as and when requested
To be considered for this role you will be expected to have experience managing a team where you create a positive working atmosphere and build a trusting and open environment. Due to the nature of legal compliance surrounding immigration documentation and payroll, you will be expected to have high levels of attention to detail. You will also be able to remain calm under high volume workload and take a logical approach to problem solving.
To apply for his role, we expect a minimum requirement of:
- Previous, proven office management experience
- Knowledge of VISA’s, passports and immigration documentation
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Cash handling / payroll experience
- Cruise Ship experience desirable
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential and attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
During the recruitment and on boarding process we may not be able to offer an exact start date, but as soon as we do we will let you know and make sure you have plenty of notice and support to get ready for your adventure with us.
It is a requirement of employment that all of our seafarers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 from the 1st December 2021 (either 2 vaccines plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days). As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are fully vaccinated. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who are not fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.