Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises and Cunard and have been delivering unbridled joy, boundless adventure and lifelong memories to millions of people collectively for over 350 years. We are proud to provide unforgettable holiday happiness to all of our guests. At Carnival UK we are incredibly proud of the resilience of our Officers, Crew, and shore side personnel have shown during the last 2 years, in what has been an incredibly challenging time for the whole industry. We are proud to be back, stronger than ever and looking forward to the future. Due to ongoing growth we are looking for a 3rd Electo-technical Officers to join our expanding fleet.
As part of the Carnival UK Electo-technical team you will truly have the feeling of being part of something, working alongside passionate people from all walks of life, in a tight-knit but hugely professional crew. You’ll uphold the highest standards of safety, security, health, welfare, and environmental practices for our prestigious brands with a great British seafaring heritage.
As a 3rd Electro-technical Officer we would expect you to:
- Work within the Electro-Technical team, maintaining all electronic and electrical equipment onboard in order to maximise the operational safety and efficiency of the vessel.
- Follow work schedules and undertake preventative and planned maintenance to ensure continued and uninterrupted service on all electrical and electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems and complete repairs promptly and report any faults for further investigation. Actively work with the team to increase own knowledge on critical systems.
- Supervise Cadets and Technicians to ensure tasks are undertaken safely and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations.
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as requested as a member of the Electro Technical Team.
- Lead by example by taking care of the health and safety of self and others
Report all accidents, ‘near miss’ incidents and work related ill health conditions to manager/supervisor/team leader and to the safety department.
- Ensure the team are aware of their Environmental Responsibilities Implement the principles of the onboard Garbage Management Plan and Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan for area Complete all environmental records accurately
- Understand own emergency duties and routines onboard ship,take an active part in the ship’s team response to an incident
Ensure familiar with ship’s emergency alarms and routines
- Manage all refit and planned maintenance via computer-based systems and record maintenance completed on the system
We are looking for someone who has :
- STCW basic training week,
- Advanced fire fighting
- ETO CoC – 111/6 no limitations.
- High voltage Management (must have) UK CoC holders
- UK CoC holders
It is a requirement of employment that all of our seafarers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 from the 1st December 2021 (either 2 vaccines plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days). As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are fully vaccinated. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who are not fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.