We currently have an opportunity for an Materials Planner to join us at our site in Redditch. This is a permanent and full time opportunity.
As a Materials Planner you will plan, release, schedule, expedite and monitor materials required for production, and manage daily inventory and supplier schedules. You will also need to analyse, coordinate and communicate detailed production planning material requirements. Working within defined parameters you will make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Manage current & future demand requirements with manufacturing & supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- To control, effectively manage and procure raw materials; and to maintain optimal stock holding levels
- Ensure planning data parameters of items (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts)
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- Expedite material, where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- Analyse data, including enterprise requirements planning information. Prepare reports as required to facilitate and recommend actions that ensures optimal supply chain execution.
- Analyse & recommend actions to address slow moving / obsolete stock.
- Challenge our sourcing routes, and look for cross quoting opportunities to increase margin, and product quality.
- Manage supply contract service levels in line with agreed KPI’s
You'll have access to:
- Competitive salary
- Ride to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Brand discounts through Certas group scheme
We're looking for:
- APICS / CPIM Certification or actively working towards this or a recognized equivalent
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Experience and knowledge of ERP MRP systems
- Material scheduling experience, six-sigma skills and knowledge
- Detail orientated analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively within teams
- Negotiation skills
- Results focused
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Production and inventory management
Certas Energy is the leading independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. With a national network of over 130 depots, over 900 tankers, more than 800 retail forecourts, fuel cards usable at over 2,000 sites, it is our 2,300 colleagues who keep our business moving each day.
Our team is an essential part of the robust infrastructure that consistently and dependably delivers billions of litres of high-quality fuel and associated services to homes and businesses all over the UK each year.
We’re proud of our range of innovative fuel supply and management services and are committed to provide industry leading solutions in liquid fuels, as the worlds energy mix evolves towards a zero emissions future. From the option to offset carbon emissions with each fuel order, to providing cleaner burning fuels that lower harmful emission of PM and NOx, Certas Energy strive to make our energy expertise count for all of our customers.
We have a strong culture of safety and compliance principles, driven by our dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing Initiatives. This, teamed with our many programmes of learning, development and talent nurture, means that we can support our colleagues to grow and thrive within a fast paced working environment. This is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to our long-term business success.