We currently have an opportunity for a Depot Operations Supervisor to join us in our Porthmadog depot. This vacancy is a 6 month fixed term contract.
We are offering a competitive salary for the position and as a Depot Supervisor you will be responsible for helping to oversee the transport functions within the depot and have the ability to adapt to change with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
In this role you will support the area management in supervising the depots 10 drivers - keeping clear lines of responsibility, ensuring drivers are working within driver handbook regulations and company policy and procedures, while working with the Area Operations Manager to resolve any arising issues.
You'll have access to:
- £24,000 - £26,000 DOE
- Industry leading safety standards and support
- Career progression opportunities in operational functions
- Pension scheme
We're looking for:
• Knowledge of / previous work within the fuel distribution industry is desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of EU driving hours / WTD is a necessity
• Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
• Good listening skills
• Excellent communicator
• High degree of self-motivation
• Resilient, persistent and tenacious
• HSE qualifications are an advantage
• Ability to manage change effectively is essential
• Experience of conducting appraisals / performance management is desirable
We employ 2,500 colleagues based across our depots around the UK from the highlands of Scotland to the Channel Islands. We recruit sales people to sell our fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to our customers who may be individual home owners, farmers, small or large businesses! Also essential to our business are our management teams and colleagues within, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. In addition, we have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to our success are our people and our learning and development team ensure we can nurture our talent and support colleagues with their aspirations and growth through programmes such as Inspire, our WOW training courses and apprenticeships.
It’s also worth noting we are part of the wider DCC PLC group which is a FTSE 100 company. Being part of the group gives our colleagues opportunities to work alongside other businesses to share best practice and develop into roles across the businesses in the group.
We work as one team, making our energy expertise and outstanding service count for all our customers.