A work setting like no other – where else can you see critically endangered orangutans from your office window, or stroll among rare giraffes and tigers on your lunch break? You can do all this, whilst making a vital contribution towards preventing extinction both in the UK and across the world.
The Role – Corporate Giving Specialist
This is a key role working as part of our Fundraising team, taking responsibility for account management of existing corporate partnerships, developing new high value partnerships, and developing and delivering a programme of fundraising events.
As our Corporate Giving Specialist you will:
- Identify and manage a pipeline of corporate partners across industries; initiating partnerships, securing and building this ongoing income stream.
- Secure benefit-in-kind support and commercial participation agreements, and also work with the Individual Giving Specialist to maximise support from corporate employees.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partner organisations as well as supporting Directors and Trustees with cultivation and stewardship by producing excellent research, support resources and briefings.
- Working with the Fundraising Lead & in partnership with colleagues at the Zoo, produce a series of professional, interesting and creative events to attract new corporates, cultivate major donors, diversify our giving audiences, and raise aware of Chester Zoo campaigns.
- Maintain a clean, compliant and workable fundraising database and providing high-quality stewardship and communications to all stakeholders.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory aspects of fundraising.
What makes Chester Zoo a great place to work?
As the UK’s biggest and best zoo, we have ambitious goals, exciting plans, and there’s always lots going on here. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, made up of nearly 500 permanent and 500 seasonal team members, and we know how important it is to invest in our colleagues to help boost their career development.
- Permanent contract
- 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Some flexibility in working hours for ad-hoc events and special projects will be required, including occasional working of a weekend/bank holiday.
- Possibility of some home working (subject to Zoo policy)
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Salary of £30,573.71 per annum
- Staff pass so you can visit the zoo during your time off plus a number of complimentary tickets for your family and friends
- Access to healthcare plan
- Employer contributory pension scheme
Our Requirements – Corporate Giving Specialist
- Strong experience of corporate fundraising in a cultural/charity environment; established in leading and managing large scale corporate partners, with proven ability to grow revenue from client base.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate giving and trends in CSR.
- Skilled in effectively managing a prospect pipeline, working with senior staff to cultivate prospects, working closely with other fundraising streams, using a database to manage and track donor relationships, account manage a portfolio of clients.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service; able to recognise the needs of differing stakeholders and communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to independently manage a busy workload.
- Proactive, energetic and eager to go the extra mile. Confident, resilient; able to identify and overcome obstacles to success.
More About Us
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 20,000 incredible animals. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo and we prevent extinction.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for the role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.