A work setting like no other – where else can you see critically endangered orangutans from your office window, or stroll among rare giraffes and tigers on your lunch break? You can do all this, whilst making a vital contribution towards preventing extinction both in the UK and across the world.
We are Chester Zoo
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 35,000 incredible animals inside 128 acres of stunning gardens. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo and we prevent extinction.
The Role – Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser
We now have an exciting new role for an outstanding Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser. Reporting to the Fundraising Lead, this role will be responsible for managing income and project targets for Trusts, Foundations and statutory fundraising. They will also work with our team of conservationists and scientists at Chester Zoo to train, engage, and support targets within our strategically important education and science led projects.
This is an exciting time to join our Fundraising team, as we shape a new strategy in line with our ambitious Conservation Masterplan.
As our Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser you will
- Work with the Fundraising Lead to train, empower and manage our Education, Science and Field Programme teams within their fundraising goals.
- Provide key advice around Trust & Grant applications, identifying prospects and submitting applications and reports.
- Develop a prospect pipeline by identifying new Trust prospects. Undertaking research to identify, cultivate and manage five and six figure funding opportunities that are aligned to Chester Zoo’s strategic objectives and Conservation Masterplan.
- Manage and cultivate strategic high level donor relationships with charitable trusts and foundations, National Lottery and government agencies, in order to identify large-scale funding opportunities whilst ensuring the highest level of professionalism and care, using strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Maintain a clean, compliant and workable fundraising database, providing high-quality stewardship and communications to all stakeholders.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory aspects of fundraising.
What makes Chester Zoo a great place to work?
Well, where do we start? Here goes…
We’re a huge team of conservationists, scientists, educators, animal welfare experts, marketeers, visitor experience professionals, environmental policy influencers; the list goes on. Each and every one of us is on a mission to make Chester Zoo the best in the world, and our planet a better place.
As the UK’s biggest and best zoo, we have ambitious goals, exciting plans, and there’s always lots going on here. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, made up of nearly 500 permanent and 500 seasonal team members, and we know how important it is to invest in our colleagues to help boost their career development. We have ambitious goals, and we want you to be with us for the long term on our exciting journey.
- Permanent contract
- 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Some flexibility in working hours for ad-hoc events and special projects will be required, including occasional working of a weekend/bank holiday.
- Hybrid working, with two days working from home per week (subject to Zoo policy)
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Salary of £34,458.07 per annum
- Access to healthcare plan
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Staff pass so you can visit the zoo during your time off plus a number of complimentary tickets for your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Our Requirements – Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser
- Strong working knowledge of Trusts & Foundations and/or statutory funding
- The ability to write exceptional, accurate and compelling grant proposals, as well as produce high-quality reports
- Experienced in developing and building long-term donor relationships and managing a portfolio of funders
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic and eager to go the extra mile
More About Us
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 20,000 incredible animals. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo and we prevent extinction.