Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life? The people that turn to Citizens Advice need help overcoming an obstacle in their lives – from debt to evictions to trouble at work – and you can be key to them getting the support they need in the quickest, easiest, and most effective way.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist to lead on establishing data science at production scale at Citizens Advice. You will be involved in the day to day work of the Data Science team, the work of one or more of our multidisciplinary product teams, and the work of our content and expert advice teams. We are working to make our services more effective, easier to manage and more cost effective, all to help make a difference in the lives of millions of people every year.
This is a new role that will report to the Head of Data Science. You will:
- Lead on establishing a tool set and environments for doing data science work.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver new product features and develop new insight.
- Proactively investigate opportunities for using data science techniques at Citizens Advice.
- Document approaches and work completed to ensure that it is sustainable.
- Provide expert advice on data science and analytics.
- Champion open, agile and iterative ways of working.
- Engage with stakeholders across the business, particularly the Customer Journey, Technology, and Impact teams.
We’re looking for someone that:
- Wants to work at a mission-driven organisation that helps tens of millions of people across the UK every year.
- Has a passion for data and understands the role that data science can play in supporting an organisation to deliver great user-focused products and services.
- Has proven ability to lead on establishing new techniques and technologies in an organisation.
- Is an advocate for data science, with good understanding of developments in the field and the work of other organisations.
- Has proven ability of using data science to contribute to product development and organisational improvement.
- Works in an open, agile and iterative way, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The National Citizens Advice Operates from offices in England and Wales, with 4 regional offices based in Cardiff, London, Birmingham and Leeds, therefore all successful applicants must be based within England or Wales.
Please note, in the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.
This vacancy closes at 23.59 on the closing date.