Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting a Senior Highly Specialist Neuro Clinical Physiologist to record complex investigations, EEG, EP and NCS on inpatients and outpatients, including the ability to modify and choose the appropriate protocols to achieve the best results. To prepare factual reports on investigations and be able to relay verbal reports to departmental medical staff when asked. To have training and experience in independent practice of more complex neurophysiological investigations performed in the department. This includes both the practical skills and the underlying knowledge in specialized NCS, IOM and EP modalities – grade. To be fully independent in all modalities of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring including peripheral, spinal and cortical modalities. To demonstrate experience in the supervision and teaching of students as well as mentoring junior staff. Demonstrate participation in both audit and research studies and able to demonstrate associated research studies, scientific publications and presentation of these findings at professional meetings. To have experience in day-to-day running of the department and demonstrated management skills in the smooth running of clinical services so as to deputize for the lead clinical physiologist in their absence. To have been involved in the development of specialist clinical services and produced associated standard operating procedures.
What will your duties include?
- Liaise with consultants and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Plan, perform and interpret a range of neurophysiological investigations to a high level of competence, performing current standard techniques without supervision. The post holder must be able to modify the test according to the circumstances or the patient’s condition. They should be able to record using both standard and non-standard electrode placement with the exact placement of electrodes and recording procedure are the responsibility of the practitioner.
- Perform EEG recordings to include video electroencephalograms with activation procedures (e.g. hyperventilation and photic stimulation where indicated.), Sleep recordings – natural, sleep deprived and drug induced, prolonged recording for monitoring therapeutic drug levels, seizure occurrence or to monitor immediate effects of drug administration.
- Perform EEG recordings as a portable service throughout the hospital, including the intensive
- care units and across sites.
- To be fully independent in all modalities of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring for all peripheral, spinal and cortical modalities. Full proficiency in running surgical lists independently and assist with the training of junior staff.
- Participate in audit and research and development programs either with other physiologist staff or under supervision from medical staff. The research programs may be in collaboration with external departments as part of a clinical trial.
- Liaise with other clinical physiologists and clinical engineers over faults or problems with the equipment used in any part of the service and be aware of any subsequent changes in the operating procedure.
What we need from you?
- Provide evidence of practical skills to routinely record neurophysiology investigations. This involves the application of many electrodes to the patient’s head for an EEG and the accurate placement of surface EMG electrodes when studying peripheral neurophysiology studies and the placement of needle electrodes during IOM
- Must be able to show that they can perform the full range of investigations, EEG both in the routine department and as a portable recording on wards and ITUs. This will include reviewing and preparing factual reports on these studies
- Must be able to show that they can perform, interpret and report factually on pattern/flash VEP, SSEP, PERG and BAEP
- Must be able to show that they can perform all standard nerve conduction studies in upper and lower limbs
- Member of Professional Organization: HCPC, RCCP, and ANS
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
• 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
• Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Seasonal Ticket Loans
If you would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
The closing date is the 18/11/2022 however due to application numbers we may have to close the role early.
Please see Important Information below:
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.