Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and plan to open our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
What are we looking for?
We are currently hiring for a number of Waste Disposal Assistants to join our Environmental Services Team. We will be recruiting immediate hires and we will also be registering interest for future positions.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Shift Leader, you will work in a Healthcare setting, with all members of the Environmental Services team to create a clean and safe environment that enhances the appearance of the facility.
What will your duties include?
• Clean patient rooms, examination rooms, offices and public areas including restrooms
• Operating of heavy machinery such as floor buffers
• Maintain hard floor and carpets surfaces: buffing, scrubbing, carpet shampoo and daily maintenance
• Understand hygiene standards and infection control requirements
• Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of surfaces and mopping of floors to ensure general upkeep of the area
• Disposal of industrial waste and removal of large possibly hazardous items from the premises
What we need from you?
• Customer focused approach essential (Required)
• Previous cleaning experience in a healthcare setting and micro-fibre technique knowledge preferred
• General cleaning duties in a patient environment an advantage
Full in-house training will be provided
• 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Sunday - Shift work will be required on a Rota basis (early starts, evenings and nights)
• Overtime available
• The role requires rotation within and between central London Cleveland Clinic locations
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
• 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
• Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Seasonal Ticket Loans
If you would like to know more, please email email@example.com or click apply below.
The closing date is the 21/03/2022 however due to application numbers we may have to close the role early.
Please see Important Information below:
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.