Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes.
Our first healthcare facility in London will be located in Portland Place and will be opening in 2021.
Our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that delivers world-class clinical care.
Cleveland Clinic London are looking for experienced an experienced Pre-Operative Nurse to join our Outpatients Unit.
As a Pre-Operative Nurse in our Outpatients team you will be responsible for the running of a high quality and effective pre-assessment service that provides the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients. The post holder will possess an advanced level of assessment skills and will be responsible for the delivery of the day-to-day provision of the pre-assessment service..
You will be:
• Working autonomously, completing POA for a caseload of patients, undertaking a targeted
history with assessment of past medical, operative and anaesthetic history
• Able to undertake and review weight/height/swabs, blood sugar, BMI measurements, ECG, blood results and urinalysis in line with individual patient needs and pathways. Where appropriate, initiates referrals to relevant teams
• Able to identify cultural requirements, communication or other specialist health or social needs.
• Creates a climate of support and cooperation, a culture of shared accountability across the organisation whilst holding individuals to account where there is non-compliance
• Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work autonomously.
• Nursing BA qualified or equivalent
• Experience working in the Pre-Operative setting
• NMC qualified
“Cleveland Clinic London is committed to supporting the health and well-being of all caregivers with a comprehensive umbrella of services. As a CCL caregiver, you’re committed to providing world-class care and service to our patients and we’re committed to providing world-class healthcare benefits for our caregivers and their families."
We offer a selection of benefits including:
• Highly Competitive Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme
• World-class training and development opportunities
• Private Medical Insurance
We also provide pre-Interview Coaching sessions to support inclusive hiring.
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”