Advanced Specialist Dietitian - ICU
As a world-recognised centre of clinical excellence and research, Cleveland Clinic is expanding its global footprint to London in 2021. Through collaboration and learning, Cleveland Clinic London will combine the best of Cleveland Clinic with the best of UK Healthcare.
This is a truly unique opportunity for an Advanced Specialist Dietitian with experience in critical care, complex nutrition support and parenteral nutrition to have input into the development and clinical leadership of dietetics for this new service.
The successful candidate will help to develop the dietetic pathway supporting Cleveland Clinic London’s 29 bedded ICU and 12 bedded Acute Admissions Unit. You will play an integral role in the nutrition support team and will take the dietetic lead for parenteral nutrition across the hospital. Along with receiving ongoing support form the Lead for Nutrition and Dietetics, you will be supported by an exceptional critical care and multidisciplinary team. As the service evolves you will be responsible for the clinical supervision and mentoring of a specialist ICU dietitian and will deputise for the Lead dietetic post when required.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in the recruitment and onboarding process of new team members and in the review and development of policies, procedures and guidelines. You will also be supported to maintain your CPD and to build on your advanced practice skills where a development need might be identified.
Interviews are due to be held Wednesday 17th March.
You will be expected to have the following:
• A solid base of experience across general dietetics
• Experience and a breadth of clinical knowledge in critical care and parenteral nutrition
• Expert clinical reasoning skills and interpretation of clinical information
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Significant experience of multidisciplinary working
• Evidence of leadership and supervisory / mentoring skills.
We can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension, and we’ll contribute 10% on top of that
• Gym facilities located within our Admin Office Building at a discounted rate
• Season ticket loans up to the value of £10k per year
• Private Medical Insurance – you’ll get Basic Single Level cover paid for by us. Extra cover like Partner, Single Parent Cover or Family Level Cover can be added at an extra cost
For more information on the role, please download the Job Description.