Healthcare Assistant - Neuro Rehabilitation
Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and of our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
This specialist rehabilitation service is multidisciplinary, reflecting the needs of each patient, with involvement from Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Dietetics, mental health support and nursing care.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the link or send your CV directly to email@example.com and we will arrange a tour of our new state-of-the art hospital with a focus on our rehabilitation floor.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Healthcare Assistants with a background in an Inpatient setting working with patients undergoing rehabilitation.
What we need from you?
• Experience working in a neurological or spinal rehabilitation setting (Highly Desirable)
• NVQ level 3 or higher; Care Certificate (Essential)
• Track record of achievement of objectives in present and past jobs in the clinical field (Essential)
• Good communication and organisational skills (Essential)
• Experience working in the Independent Sector (Desirable)
• BLS provider course completed and qualification in required upon hire, or within 3 months of hire (Desirable)
• Competent in /have had exposure to the use of electronic clinical systems (EPIC, similar modern clinical systems)(Desirable)
What will your duties include?
• The Inpatient Healthcare Assistant will primarily be involved in assisting nursing Caregivers and providing direct patient care, as well as ensuring the safety and well-being of patients and always working in a manner that promotes privacy and dignity
• Be safe in the use of all equipment appropriate to the care and rehabilitation needs of the clients’ development
• To provide a high standard of personal care to clients in a sensitive and respectful manner under the supervision of registered nursing Caregivers
• To monitor the physical and emotional well-being of all patients in order to be aware of changes and to alert senior colleagues as necessary
• To work with therapists/team members to ensure optimum cognitive, social, emotional, physical and functional recovery
• Maintain high standards of care as agreed and delegated by the registered nurse
• To ensure that rehabilitation goals, strategies and procedures are implemented and reinforced throughout the 24-hour period
• Be competent in carrying out basic observations and recording the results whilst recognising own limitations and the need to escalate as necessary
• Support the team in delivering department Key Performance Indicators as appropriate
• Ensures adherence to CCL Complaints, Concerns and Compliments Policy and communicates with patients, families, visitors and external providers in a calm, courteous, helpful manner, endeavouring to resolve difficult issues at the departmental level
• Requires critical thinking skills and the ability to work as part of a team
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
• 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
• Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Seasonal Ticket Loans
Please see Important Information below:
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.