Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and plan to open of our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
What are we looking for?
Cleveland Clinic London are looking for experienced Healthcare Assistants preferably with experience in a hospital setting with Cath Lab/Cardiac patients..
What will your duties include?
The Healthcare Assistant will primarily be involved in assisting nursing Caregivers and providing direct patient care, as well as ensuring the safety and well-being of patients and always working in a manner that promotes privacy and dignity.
What we need from you?
• Responsible for providing High levels of care basic nursing care to patients under the directions and supervision of trained nursing caregiver
• Reporting abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions
• Assist the Nursing and Procurement Teams in restocking the Cath and EP Labs
• Assist with the transfer of patients within Departments or floor using the correct moving and handling techniques
• Able to act as a role model, ensuring the reputation of the nursing profession is upheld
• Responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality, privacy and dignity at all times
• Participating effectively at the Quality improvements initiatives for the ward ensures that the Ward KPI’s are achieved and are aligned with CCL quality standard
• Ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors following the guidelines of risk management. Proactively reporting incidents, risks and/or failings taking responsibility to minimise these
• Able to bring previous experience from a Cath Lab or Cardiac setting
• Able to provide basic life support
• The holder of an NVQ level 3 or higher; Care Certificate
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
• 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
• Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Seasonal Ticket Loans
If you would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
The closing date is the 30/01/2022 however due to application numbers we may have to close the role early.
Please see Important Information below:
Vaccination as a condition of deployment VCOD
From the 1st April 2022 the updated Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, which requires vaccination as a condition of deployment (VCOD), comes into effect.
This includes front-line caregivers, as well as non-clinical caregivers not directly involved in patient care but who may have face to face contact with patients. This role is covered by these regulations and therefore you will be required to provide proof of your full vaccination status as part of your pre-employment checks prior to your start date.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.