Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to deliver world-class clinical care.
What are we looking for?
Cleveland Clinic London are looking for an experienced Theatre Specialist Concierge/Porter with experience in a hospital setting who can safely escort patients to and from our Theatres department.
What will your duties include?
The role provides a high-touch customer service role, effectively mirroring some of the family liaison and customer support functions of the Concierge & Front of House teams. The Specialist Patient Escort Concierge will contribute to the smooth running, delivering patients in a timely, courteous manner and respect their dignity and confidentiality.
What we need from you?
- Transporting patients between theatres and other areas of the hospital
- Working as an active member of the theatre team, maintaining good working relationships across all units and team in the hospital
- Delivering high-quality service and care for the patient, treating patients in a courteous manner and respecting their dignity and confidentiality at all times
- Ensuring the patient’s journey is seamless, taking care to pass on their care at the next stage in their patient journey
- Ensuring Patient’s physical environment is maintained e.g. warmth, cleanliness
- Monitoring patient - spend time with patients, ensuring they are continually monitored while in your care and recording changes in patient health
- Preparing the appropriate equipment prior to the start of a list, which may include wheel chairs and trolleys undertaking the appropriate checks to ensure the equipment is clean and used safely
- Able to bring a track record over one or more substantial roles in a customer-facing role requiring high-touch, quality customer service
- Able to bring previous experience in healthcare which is highly desirable but not essential – could be Front of House/Concierge, HCA or similar role
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
- 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
- Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
- Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
If you would like to know more, please email email@example.com or click apply below.
Please see Important Information below:
Applicant shortlisting and interviews may be taking place whilst this advert is live, such that this advert may close sooner than expected - please do apply ASAP for this role should you be interested.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.