Who are we?
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. We employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
We opened our first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and our state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
What are we looking for?
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a safe, effective, efficient care for patients and relatives, while delivering key performance targets and delivery of care is aligned to the Cleveland Clinic London mission and values.
The post holder will undertake administrative duties such as scheduling and managing bookings in conjunction with the clinical team and central reservations. The post holder will be expected to ensure revenue is captured in an accurate and timely manner through verifying and abstracting patients’ account.
The post holder must liaise in a professional and friendly manner when dealing with patients, relatives, visitors and other Caregivers.
The post holder will build and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments to ensure a seamless service for our patients.
What will your duties include?
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, letter writing and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Management of personnel files in liaison with the Acute Care Nurse Manager.
- Perform minute taking for departmental meetings.
- Represent the department at hospital meetings.
- Responsible for stationery orders and maintenance of stationery levels ensuring strict cost control in liaison with the department manager.
What we need from you?
- Previous administration experience including minute taking.
- Desirable to be competent in /have had exposure to the use of an electronic heath record system such as EPIC.
- Previous experience in a private hospital preferred.
- Previous waiting list management /ward clerk position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
What we can offer you?
We are offering an array of benefits to compliment working for a not-for-profit market leader, some of our benefits include:
- 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
- Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
- Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
If you would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
Please see Important Information below:
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
“Let’s deliver World Class care together!”
As an equal opportunities employer, we aspire to work together to promote a more inclusive work environment, which represents our commitment to celebrate diversity.