We are looking for female* Support Workers to join our Supported Living branch in Bellshill. We have a number of part time contracts available between 24 and 36 hours per week.
You will join a newly established team of Support Workers providing a twenty-four-support service to a woman within her own home in Bellshill. With a focus on maintaining and improving independence, you will provide support with all aspects of daily living, including personal care, preparing meals, managing personal finances and support with medication.
We are looking for people with a real passion to build relationships and positively impact the lives of the people we support. So, whilst it would be beneficial if you have experience in a similar role, this is not essential. What’s most important to us is that you can demonstrate the right values and attitude to make a difference. You’ll receive all the training and support you need through our award-winning Training Academy, including the opportunity to complete a fully funded SVQ qualification.
As travel will be required throughout North Lanarkshire, it is essential that you hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
To be a great Support Worker, you will be:
- a naturally empathetic person with a warm, friendly personality
- able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills and set clear boundaries
- able to build and maintain positive, respectful relationships with lots of different types of people
- adaptable and able to think on your feet and use your initiative
- competent in the use of technology to enhance the support you provide, e.g. Microsoft Office and Outlook
- reliable, flexible and responsive to meet the changing needs of the person we support
The contracted hours will include a combination of day and night shifts, for example, 8.00 am to 8.00 pm and 8.00 pm to 8.00 am. You will be expected to work weekends, waking nights and public holidays as part of your rota. Waking nights are paid at your normal hourly rate plus an agreed standard waking night payment of £2.50 per hour.
If you’re shortlisted for this post, you will be invited for interview on Monday 19 April 2021. All interviews will take place online via video chat.
Do you have any questions? To find out more, please contact Robyn Birrell on 0782 505 0083.
* For this position, female is an Occupational Requirement as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
If you’re successful in joining our team, you will be expected to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and must be willing to work towards a SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare as required for SSSC registration. We will need you to register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting your employment with us.