Corps Security is the leading specialist security solutions provider and is one of the most respected companies in the UK market.
Since our establishment in 1859, Corps Security has been committed to treating its people well, and this means we offer some of the most attractive pay and benefits in the industry and have some of the best staff retention levels.
Corps Security is currently recruiting for a SIA Licenced Security Officer to be based at one of our prestigious client’s premises.
To provide security and support duties in a professional and courteous manner in line with both the client requirements and Corps Security’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Must hold a valid SIA Frontline Licence.
- Intermediate level PC Skills ( MS Office)
- 5 year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards – BS7858
The post holder will they ensure they act in accordance with following:
- To provide a welcoming, secure, and safe environment for visitors on site
- To keep safety and security at the forefront of all activities on site
- To maintain overall surveillance of the site, carrying out regular site patrols and recording these as per Corps and Customer requirements
- To complete site inductions if required for client’s visitors, ensuring all visitors and contractors to site are correctly briefed, sign in and out of the site
- To control the distribution of keys in accordance with site security procedures
- To set and unset primary and secondary alarm security systems for out of hours security provision
- To comply with site waste management procedures
- To complete documents as required including daily occurrence log, shift handover, incident/accident records and any site specific reports, Smart Tasks
- To ensure you are familiar with Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and other quality & safety documents; advise Corps Duty Manager and/or client personnel on any changes or recommendations to improve
- To maintain your own training records via Corps Colleague Portal, and site specific training matrix and that your skills remain up to date, and in particular your first aid and fire marshal training (if applicable) is in accordance with legislative guidelines
- To continuously apply your SIA skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism. Your SIA licence must be displayed at all times
- To be responsible for producing incident reports and ensuring all details are accurate by stating Date, Time, Details of incident & action taken ensuring Names of all involved have been recorded. (No personal opinions to be made – Just Facts)
- To carry out Ad-Hoc duties as instructed by the Site Manager, Corps Operation Management Team and the Client
This role is hands on and will require involvement in issues on an hourly/daily basis.
Corps Security also offers a range of industry leading benefits, including:
- Company sick pay scheme
- Full company uniform (Paid for by Corps Security)
- Paid SIA license renewals
- Access to high st discounts & rewards scheme
- Access to private healthcare plans (HSF)
- Pension scheme
- Award winning training opportunity
- Recruitment bonus scheme
- New business lead scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Diversity is important to Corps Security, we believe that each individual has unique talents to contribute to the business. We believe that creating an inclusive environment in which individuals are valued is fundamental to our business success and we are committed to working towards achieving this.
Corps Security adheres to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities (“EEO”) benefits both the Company and its employees. EEO assists employees to develop to their full employment potential while the Company benefits from having a diverse and enthusiastic workforce.
Corps Security is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Under the current data protection legislation, we are required to notify you, as a candidate for employment with Corps Security, of certain information. Please go to our website www.corpssecurity.co.uk - ‘career’ section and familiarise yourself with the Privacy Notice (Recruitment). Please ensure you are happy with the content, before applying for one for our jobs.