Corps Security is the leading specialist security solutions provider and is one of the most respected companies in the UK market.
Since our establishment in 1859, Corps Security has been committed to treating its people well, and this means we offer some of the most attractive pay and benefits in the industry and have some of the best staff retention levels.
Corps Security is currently recruiting for a SIA Licenced CCTV Operator to be based at one of our prestigious client’s premises.
To provide security and support duties in a professional and courteous manner in line with both the client requirements and Corps Security’s policies and procedures. This position is to provide and support a full Security Control Room Operation in a 24/7/365 multi-building response environment – utilising and operating all the systems within the Control Room, ensuring that all requests for assistance are attended to, all security routines are completed, and that all electronic systems are operating to their optimum.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Must hold a valid SIA Frontline CCTV Licence.
- Full driving license
- Previous CCTV control room experience - desirable
- Intermediate level PC Skills ( MS Office)
- 5 year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards – BS7858 (minimum 2 years' experience in security industry)
- Ability to write in depth incident reports
- Willingness to wrok any shift incl day, night and weekend
- Liaise on a daily basis with staff + the client and operational management teams.
- Support the fulfilment of the contracted/business objectives, through the range of duty assignments which will involve security and support duties.
- Ensure safety of customers and all staff.
- To operate, monitor and prioritise all security systems located within the Control Centre in an effective manner, ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the site specific assignment instructions and current legislation.
- To operate and monitor the CCTV systems to activate and manage access control in line with the client requirements.
- To record all events and actions monitored from within the control room.
- To respond and react to any incidents or security issues that may arise.
- To monitor the CCTV system and report any faults through to line manager and in line with client requirements.
- To perform ad hoc duties as directed.
- Take personal responsibility in your actions in relation to the client, and the company’s good reputation.
- To be fully conversant with the layout of the buildings and fully aware of the current threats and challenges faced by the client following a period of OJT prior to taking the Control Room position. This will involve learning patrol and lockup routines, etc.
- To respond to all aspects of Control Room Operation including emergency response i.e. Fire and emergency alarm system.
- To become fully conversant with the building Assignment Instructions, it’s emergency, evacuation and major incident response procedures in relation to all buildings.
- To operate, monitor, evaluate and maintain CCTV, and other technical systems installed, ensuring visual images and appropriate responses are always to the necessary standard, downloading recordings for the Police and other Law Enforcement agencies and the client’s Data Protection Officer; ensuring compliance with data protection.
- Manage the dedicated emergency telephones; general telephone system, and intercom systems; being fully aware of emergency response procedures.
- Manage the radio network communicating with Security, Maintenance, Client and other stakeholders.
- To maintain all written and electronic records and reporting in a correct and timely fashion.
- Monitor the Fire Alarm systems and pass on via radio or telephone any information necessary for the safety and security of the building.
- Monitor the Intruder Alarm systems for multiple buildings on a large site.
- Report as necessary any incidents to the emergency services, and follow the correct escalation process.
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonable and necessary within the Security Control Room to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Report any failures or issues to the Site Manager. The Controller must have and continue to demonstrate the ability to organise, prioritise and produce results under pressure and be able to work within the one team ethos.
- To ensure all instructions given to you in relation to the Data Protection Act 1988 are fully implemented at all times.
- Abide by the rules concerning confidentiality at all times, reporting any suspected breaches
- Monitoring, filtering and taking the appropriate action to alarm activations, liaising with clients, police and contractors as necessary.
- Production of reports for client and occupiers, responding to emails, general administration including booking of additional cover.
This role is hands on and will require involvement in issues on an hourly/daily basis.
Corps Security also offers a range of industry leading benefits, including:
- Tax relief scheme on travel to work expenses
- Company sick pay scheme
- Full company uniform (Paid for by Corps Security)
- Paid SIA license renewals
- Pension scheme
- Award winning training opportunity
- Recruitment bonus scheme
- New business lead scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Diversity is important to Corps Security, we believe that each individual has unique talents to contribute to the business. We believe that creating an inclusive environment in which individuals are valued is fundamental to our business success and we are committed to working towards achieving this.
Corps Security adheres to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities (“EEO”) benefits both the Company and its employees. EEO assists employees to develop to their full employment potential while the Company benefits from having a diverse and enthusiastic workforce.
Under the current data protection legislation, we are required to notify you, as a candidate for employment with Corps Security, of certain information. Please go to our website www.corpssecurity.co.uk - ‘career’ section and familiarise yourself with the Privacy Notice (Recruitment). Please ensure you are happy with the content, before applying for one for our jobs.