Corps Security is the leading specialist security solutions provider and is one of the most respected companies in the UK market.
Since our establishment in 1859, Corps Security has been committed to treating its people well, and this means we offer some of the most attractive pay and benefits in the industry and have some of the best staff retention levels.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a site based Security Manager. The ability to manage the security team in providing an efficient, flexible and motivated team is pivotal to the success of this role.
We are seeking a Security Manager with excellent planning, organisational and commercial skills together with experience to recognise opportunities.
The overall management control of the sites’ security operation ensuring our clients security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team and sites procedures ensuring the retention of the contract for Corps Security.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Previous Security Management experience.
- A frontline Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required for the role.
- Intermediate level PC Skills (MS Office)
- 5 year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards – BS7858
- Responsible for the day to day operational management of a team of security officers, supervisors and receptionists.
- Safeguarding of company assets to include people, buildings and information.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed by the Client or Corps Security Management Team.
- Identify practical areas for personal development of the team, which can be implemented in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports including: goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, quality of turnout, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- Prompt and accurate submission of all necessary reports and performance measurement documentation to the appropriate departments. (including monthly security reports and audits)
- Effective rostering of site personnel (ensure site is fully manned and shift information is entered into internal systems)
- Attainment of Company’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and assist with investigation of apparent non-conformance.
- Lead on Security Strategies and special projects including wider business improvement support
- Support client events, working closely with the events manager.
- Lead where required to create and maintain emergency procedures including business recovering documents and processes.
- Lead on auditing and asset management of all security and electronic security assets including key management.
- Be main point of contact for all security matters for client, tenants key contacts and external agencies e.g. emergency services and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensure CCTV systems and equipment are operated and maintained according top legal compliance including GDPR regulations and report and breaches to senior management where necessary.
This role is hands on and will require involvement in issues on an hourly/daily basis.
Corps Security also offers a range of industry leading benefits, including:
- Tax relief scheme on travel to work expenses
- Company sick pay scheme
- Full company uniform (Paid for by Corps Security)
- Paid SIA license renewals
- Pension scheme
- Award winning training opportunity
- Recruitment bonus scheme
- New business lead scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Diversity is important to Corps Security; we believe that each individual has unique talents to contribute to the business. We believe that creating an inclusive environment in which individuals are valued is fundamental to our business success and we are committed to working towards achieving this.
Corps Security adheres to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities (“EEO”) benefits both the Company and its employees. EEO assists employees to develop to their full employment potential while the Company benefits from having a diverse and enthusiastic workforce.
Under the current data protection legislation, we are required to notify you, as a candidate for employment with Corps Security, of certain information. Please go to our website www.corpssecurity.co.uk - ‘career’ section and familiarise yourself with the Privacy Notice (Recruitment). Please ensure you are happy with the content, before applying for one for our jobs.