Are you an Specialty Doctor looking for your next challenge in Mental Health?
Cygnet Stevenage are currently recruiting for an Specialty Doctor to join our team. Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
- Assess patients and ensure appropriate investigations, diagnosis and treatment / start and monitor medication under the Consultant’s supervision
- Support the multidisciplinary team by providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery and you will be supported by a well-established Consultant
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to the individual client’s needs
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, and in other multidisciplinary meetings
- This post provides an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape
- Participate in the 1 in 3 on call rota
We are looking for people who have:
- Full GMC registration
- Post registration experience as a Ward / Specialist Doctor role in Psychiatry
- Up to date knowledge / working experience within ACUTE or Forensic services
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement, have experience in making clinical decisions, managing risk and knowing when to seek help
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
o You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
o You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
o You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
o You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
- Salary up to £85,000 inclusive of on calls
- Support from a Consultant Psychiatrist and multidisciplinary team
- Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to take exams, attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Active participation in clinical governance, audit, research, and other quality improvement initiatives
- Possible rotation between services
- Company pension scheme
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Ron Gutu, Hospital Manager, or Dr Maqsood Ahmad, Medical Director, on 01438 342 942 to arrange a phone discussion or informal meeting with the Hospital Manager or the Medical Director.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*