We are currently recruiting Full Time Associate Specialist Psychiatrists to join us at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage on our Acute Admissions Wards and Secure Wards.
This is Your Opportunity To:
- Assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the Consultant’s supervision.
- Support the multidisciplinary team by providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery; you will be supported by well-established Consultants.
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user’s needs.
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, and in other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Participate in the 1 in 5 on call doctors’ rota.
We are looking for people who have:
- Full GMC registration.
- Post registration experience as a Ward Doctor / Specialist Doctor role in Psychiatry.
- Up to date knowledge / working experience within ACUTE or Forensic Services.
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement, have experience in making clinical decisions, assessing and managing risk and knowing when to seek help.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes.
- Proven record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
You will have:
- Salary up to £85,000, depending upon your experience.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular support and supervision from consultant psychiatrists and multidisciplinary teams.
- Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company, bank holidays, and study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on service users and their families and carers. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance and references.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you are interested in applying for one of these vacancies and wish to speak with someone to have an informal telephone discussion or want to arrange a visit to the hospital, please contact Dr Maqsood Ahmad, Medical Director, Dr Tim Exworthy, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, or Simon Belfield, Hospital Manager, on 01438 342 942.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*