Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
About Cygnet Derby
Wyvern Ward supports men in a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation environment and is made up of two distinct areas – Wyvern Ward and Wyvern Court. Our service provides a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.
Wyvern Ward can support up to 19 men including those with a history of absconding. This is due to the enhanced levels of security we can put in place, both physically and relational, and can be seen as an alternative to low secure provision. It is a service that can work with people with a history of failed placements and those detained under the Mental Health Act.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Comprehensive Training Package with up to 6% of work time on Training in first 6 months
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Free parking
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Subsidised meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.