Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
Marion House is a specialist residental home providing outcome focused care for adults with autism, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
In this role you’ll:
• Devise and implement activities appropriate to Severice users needs and requests.
• Assist in developing the process and practices and delivery of therapeutic care.
• Ensure that the social and further learning programme for each resident is set up to meet individual needs ensuring that residents have a variety of activities planned and adequately resourced, thereby supporting the development of their independence, leisure skills and challenging behaviours.
• Encourage staff to participate in the daily acitivities.
• Assist with fund raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings.
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
• Attend and participate in Staff and service users meeting including daily Handovers and community liaisons.
• Lead, coach and support staff to ensure that the sessions meet expectations.
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• Understanding of Learning Disabilities - Previous experience in working within a care environment.
• Proven ability to develop and organise a range of activities for Service users
• Undertaken projects or work remotely or individually.
• IT proficient.
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Free uniform
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.