About Marion House
Marion House is a specialist residental home providing outcome focused care for adults with autism, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
About the job role:
- The emphasis is upon effectively structuring and planning activities for the residents, ensuring a fun and constructive leisure time. This role is critical in ensuring that national care standards are exceeded. It also provides the opportunity to develop and improve practice.
- To ensure that the social and further learning programme for each resident is set up to meet individual needs ensuring that residents have a variety of activities planned and adequately resourced, thereby supporting the development of their independence, leisure skills and challenging behaviours.
- To plan and liaise with the Registered Manager and Assistant managers/ Support Workers to ensure that there is a schedule of activity to undertake, including timetables, and sufficient resources ready prior to the shift to enable a wide range of activities to take place in support of a social education programme. To complete all necessary paperwork including, 52 week planner, risk assessments and evaluations etc.
- To lead, coach and support staff to ensure that the sessions meet expectations.
- Desirable - NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health & Social care or equivalent qualification in Child/Adult care. Level 3 or 4 in PTILLS (preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector) or equivalent.
- Computer skills the ability to input data produce reports and power point presentations.