* NEW SERVICE *
Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our new state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults which opened September 2018 and is part of the wider Cygnet Health Care group.
In this role you will;
• Liaise with the Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available
• Assist the Head Chef to prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate.
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual patients.
• Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
We are looking for people who have;
• NVQ2 or equivalent or evidence of the same experience in catering
• Basic Food / Hygiene Certificate
• Knowledge of dietary requirements (ie Halal/diabetic/vegan)
• Knowledge of nutrition
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Want to make a positive difference? We look forward to hearing from you!