Are you an Art Therapist looking for a new challenge?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Hospital Beckton.
We are currently seeking a HCPC Registered Art Therapist to join our team. This role will be working 1 day per week (7. 5hrs), preferably on a Thursday or Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton in East London is a well-established psychiatric in-patient hospital for female service users in crisis. The wards include a psycridayhiatric intensive unit (PICU), a low secure, a personality disorder and a learning disability ward. Cygnet Beckton was rated ‘Good’ in the most recent CQC inspection and is proud to have hosted a visit in 2017 by HRH the Princess Royal.
In this role you will:
Work as part of our Psychology department to deliver Art Therapy interventions for our service users with complex needs including self-harm, psychosis, personality disorder as well as cognitive difficulties including learning disabilities.
Provide assessments to patients referred for Art therapy as part of multidisciplinary assessment of patient needs. You will be responsible for determining objectives and effectiveness.
Consider and provide a variety of work including individual and group therapy, whilst monitoring and evaluating ongoing clinical work with the ability to adapt appropriately, according to individual patient needs.
Attend clinical meetings, taking responsibility for communicating with MDT professionals, external agencies and families/carers.
Comply with the Code of Practice and Ethics of The British Association for Art Therapists and the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). To also maintain and store adequate levels of equipment in a safe condition and to attend to issues of risk in their use.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated psychology staff with exceptionally supportive and friendly colleagues as well as management support from the Head of Psychology.
We are looking for people who have:
• A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma / Masters (or equivalent) in Art Therapy and be registered with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Experience working within a care environment and/or a passion for working in this type of setting and have an understanding of mental health diagnosis is important
• UK Driving Licence is essential to escort patients on visits/trips when required
• Experience of working as part od a multi-disciplinary team and within an evidence based framework is desirable
In return we will offer:
• Company pension scheme
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
• Support to promote Art Therapy across the hospital through presentations and workshops
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.