Give your career a positive change.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Therapy department at Cygnet hospital in Harrogate.
The role of the Activity Co-ordinator is to help compliment both Therapy and Nursing departments by providing meaningful activities for patients both within the hospitals acute psychiatric setting and the local area. This includes supporting both leisure and occupational activities with a mixed-sex patient group.
Individuals who are self-motivated and can work independently are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Have autonomy with which to develop and tailor a programme with support of the Therapy team.
• Facilitate inclusive ward-based leisure activities for all patients to engage in.
• Support individuals with structured occupational activities outside of the hospital, whilst demonstrating an understanding of individual risk.
• Promote independent thinking, group work and social inclusion.
• Work alongside the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to support patients throughout the stages of their recovery during an acute admission.
• Liaise with the clinical team to ensure you are aware of current clinical issues.
• Help to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment.
• Complete accurate records within clinical notes and maintain confidentiality.
• The ability to work independently and with initiative
• An appreciation of symptoms of mental illness and how this can impact on behaviour
• An ability to be a positive role model.
• An appreciation of risk and risk management
• The ability to adapt to varying situations
• An understanding of the importance of offering a consistent and structured therapy programme to promote meaningful occupation.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
• An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Flexible working with opportunity for overtime
• Regular coaching & appraisal
• Expert supervision & peer support
• DBS paid
• Employee referral scheme
• Employee discount savings
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.