Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity which has become available at Cygnet Godden Green. We are recruiting an Occupational Therapist to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green based in Sevenoaks, Kent operates an integrated Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) with a DfE registered school, the Knole Development Centre. Our specialist pathway offers an open acute admissions service (Knole Ward), and a pre-discharge wing (Littleoaks) to allow for a smooth transition for patients returning home to their families.
In this role you will:
• Manage a defined caseload of clients across 2 wards, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
• Work closely with the Head of Occupational Therapy and x2 OTA's who will assist you in your day to day duties, including therapeutic activity
• Complete full assessments of patients’ occupational performance including areas of self-care, productivity and leisure whilst utilising standardised and non-standardised tools
• Implement core group and individual treatments to achieve therapeutic goals
• Contribute to all aspects of risk assessment and management, within your clinical area
• Evaluate and modify interventions, utilising appropriate outcome measures.
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
• Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
• Currently operating as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist
• Any experience in the field of CAMHS
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process and interventions
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
In return, we’ll offer you:
• Salary: £36K
• Onsite support and supervision from the Head of Occupational Therapy
• Company pension scheme
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Click the link to apply.