Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
At Cygnet Health Care, we believe that every person contributes to make our close-knit team inspiring. We share a passion of inspiring the people in our care, as well as each other. As a part of our team, you can share our passion of helping others too.
Oakhurst Lodge is an 8 bed specialist residential home for adults with autism and severe learning difficulties often accompanied by complex needs and challenging behaviour. Our aim is to promote independence, choice and community inclusion.
Dedicated clinical teams provide a multi-disciplinary input, including speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, behavioural therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training. Accommodation has been carefully designed to meet the needs of the young people with autism, including eight single bedrooms with en-suite shower facilities and two bathrooms with jacuzzi.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
- Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
- Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard residents
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
In return we’ll offer you:
- Opportunity for overtime
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Regular coaching and support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Free meals on duty.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.