Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Cygnet Hospital Coventry offers specialist inpatient services for women across three wards, with step down facilities also forming part of the care pathway.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
• NVQ level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
•Teaching and CPD programmes
•Generous study and exam leave
•Financial support for further training and personal development
•Active participation in clinical governance
•Appraisal and peer supervision
•Possible rotation between services
•Contributory pension scheme
•Free life insurance
•Subsidised meals on duty
•Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
•Health Cash Plan
Try something new and positive that’s not your typical 9-5 but offers great rewards in return. A brighter career and a brighter future for everyone.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.