Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
We accept urgent admissions from all over the country for people in acute psychiatric distress and can assess and transfer urgent prison referrals swiftly. We also provide an intensive programme of recovery in our low secure mental health ward, developing a personal therapeutic timetable to meet the needs of service users whatever their stage of recovery.
Tyler Ward, our PICU service, provides assesment and treatment for men who are experience an acute period of mental illness. We accept urgent admissions from all over the country and aim to respond to all referrals within one hour of receipt of adequate clinical information.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A full driving licence*- Preferred
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.