Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
We currently recruiting for a Driver to provide an efficient, safe and reliable transport service for individual in our care working over 2 locations in Long Eaton Day Service and Cygnet Conifers in Borrowash, Derby.
Long Eaton is a specialist day service for adults with learning disabilities and Cygnet Conifers provides high quality short-break respite care for adults with moderate to profound learning disabilities.
You must have a D1 Licence to drive a minibus and be flexible to work morning/evening split shifts between 7am – 11.30am and 3pm – 7pm including some weekends.
In this role you’ll:
• Competently drive our wheelchair accessible vehicle, transporting individuals in our care safely and efficiently
• Communicate with passengers professionally and sensitively, empathising with those who are in difficult situations
• Be the driver for local and day trips and assist colleagues/individuals in our care where necessary
• Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Service. To maintain and demonstrate positive attitudes towards patients, their families, staff, visitors and others
• Assist Patients who have limited mobility or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the individuals in our care and unit
• Other duties will include vehicle checks, reporting of any problems and compliance with Health & Safety and company protocols
We're looking for people who have:
• Previous experience of transporting passengers within a Community Transport service
• Ability to safely drive a vehicle with passengers, holding a full D1 driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points at the time of application
• Previous experience of working in a health care environment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• Map reading skills.
• Physically able to assist in the transfer of individuals in our care to and from the vehicles (with aids if required) and clamp the wheelchairs into place.
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Free uniform
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.