An Exciting Opportunity Has Become Available to Join us as a Part Time Associate Specialist / Specialty Doctor At Cygnet Hospital Beckton.
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK's largest independent providers of specialist mental health treatment and associated care across a range of mental health service. We pride ourselves on being a provider of high quality care which is responsive to the changing needs of service users and our Commissioners.
We aim to appoint an Associate Specialist or Specialist Doctor (dependent on experience) to work three days per week with our Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) on our Female Borderline Personality Disorder service, 18-bedded inpatient ward with an established DBT program.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed specialty doctors to join Cygnet Healthcare Beckton team in substantive posts. You will work with a fellow Specialist Doctor (who works two-days per week), to form a single whole-time equivalent post. You will closely work with a committed MDT and assist the Consultant Psychiatrist (Dr Morgan Haldane) in providing day-to-day medical expertise for care delivery and clinical leadership.
Personal development opportunities exist by way of an academic program for medical staff. There will also be the opportunity to undertake clinically relevant research, audit and contribute to the unit quality improvement initiatives. This post provides an exciting opportunity to work in a specialist, tertiary-level service and for the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the services as they respond to the changing healthcare landscape.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- Full GMC registration along with post registration experience
- Relevant experience within a personality disorder service
- The ability to interview and assess patients whilst making informed decisions in reference to appropriate treatment options
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- Up to date record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- The ability to work as part of a Multidisciplinary Team
- Desirable: MRCPsych or equivalent
In Return, We Will Offer You:
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
- You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave and CPD opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
For informal enquires about the post; please contact our Medical Director, Dr Morgan Haldane, on: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Closing date: 17th May 2019